MOPPETS are our little ones. Our MOPPETS teachers are qualified, loving individuals who have been carefully chosen to care for our children while the mothers meet for MOPS. The MOPPETS Modular rooms open at 9:15 so that you can get your children settled and be in room 207 by 9:30am. When you arrive at Grace, drop your children off at the Modular building closest to the playground area, and then ring the bell and head into the church building.
- Please make sure you sign your child(ren) into their classroom at each meeting. A nametag will be provided for you to write your child's name and any special instructions (allergies, potty training, etc) at each meeting. To help the drop off process go more smoothly, we ask that you do not enter your child’s classroom. Instead, please hand your child and his or her diaper bag to a MOPPETS teacher. When you pick up your child, he or she will be handed back to you by a teacher and any diaper bags will be lined up in the hallway for you to collect.
- Snacks will be served during the morning, (cheerios and water.) Children in the infant classroom should bring their own bottles, snacks, etc. To protect the differing stages of foods that the children in this classroom are consuming, NO snacks will be provided in the infant room - we will only serve what you send for your child.
- Each child in MOPPETS must be accompanied by his or her mother. Please do not bring anyone else's child with you to a MOPS meeting.
- If there is a discipline concern with your child or your child is inconsolable, you may be asked to go to your child's room to check on/comfort your child. If a problem arises, our MOPPETS teachers will notify you immediately. If your child does not return to their classroom, please feel free to bring your child to our meeting as long as they are not a distraction. We want our mothers to enjoy some much needed adult time of fun and fellowship apart from our precious little ones. Our MOPPETS teachers will work with you to make sure your child feels safe and loved in his/her classroom.
- Nursing babies are welcome to remain in the MOPS meeting with their mother. We encourage moms to nurse wherever they are comfortable, either in the meeting or in the adjoining room.
- Please bring a diaper bag with the necessary supplies such as diapers, wipes, bottles, change of clothes, etc. for your child(ren). Disposable diapers are a necessity in order to minimize the spread of germs and viruses. Therefore, please do not dress your child in cloth diapers when attending MOPS. All diaper bags, coats, blankets, bottles, and cups should be labeled. If you bring a pacifier, it must be attached to your child's shirt. We don’t want children sharing pacifiers. If your older child is not fully potty trained, please provide a change of clothes.
Children who show signs of illness (such as temperature, thick runny nose, unexplained rash, diarrhea) cannot be accepted into the classrooms. No medication of any kind, not even Tylenol, can be given to your child by any worker. If a child must have medicine, moms should keep it with them and come to the classroom to administer it.
If you have questions, problems, or concerns, please feel free to contact our MOPPETS Coordinator, Ashley Clark (375-9581). We truly hope your little one has a wonderful experience in our MOPPETS program, so you can truly enjoy your time at MOPS!